Monday, August 27, 2012

My dearest family and friends,

The work continues, we see miracles and blessings, and always we run into hilarious things.  We had a few really cool things happen this last week. 1-a few weeks ago we were walking down this road and this lady was outside of her house and we said hi and got to talking, she told us she had heard about the book of mormon, we gave her a new translation of the book of mormon, and we told her we would stop by.  So we stopped by and she let us right in, went and got her book of mormon and comes out and tells us she hasn't read a lot because she has been busy.  We asked her how much she read, and she shows us that she is halfway through Alma!!!! We were like actually, that's a lot! So we asked her how she liked it, if she had any questions, etc.  and she says "This book is so clear. I have no questions. I wonder why people say bad things about it? Probably because they don't know the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  And some people even say it's not about Christ, and I think they should read the cover because you know girls, it says Another Testament of Jesus Christ." We were like yep, that is exactly right! Then she proceeds to tell us the whole story of Nephi and his family crossing the ocean, how the Book of Mormon and Bible compliment each other, and she explained how she obtains personal revelation.  I almost cried!! It was a miracle, and send straight from Heavenly Father!! We will definitely continue meeting with her, she is soo nice and wonderful.  2-we were in Kherson yesterday and we met with our investigator Luba (she is hilarious as ever) and afterwards, we are walking to the bus stop.  She lives kind of in a random area, and you walk through a small grave yard to get there. So we come upon this lady just taking a stroll through the grave yard, and i say hi, and we get to talking.  She is so sweet! She loved us "sweet american believing girls" haha and accepted a book of mormon and wants to meet with us.  Whether it turns out to be anything, it was a miracle! She said she lived in a completely different area of the city, she was just taking a walk, and the whole thing was one of those miracles in disguise kind of thing.  The Lord is blessing us in our work, and I see His hand in it every day!
As we were meeting with Luba, she was telling us how she thought she was going to die earlier that morning because her heart was racing "sooo fast" and she almost started crying saying "I though i wasn't going to see my spiritual sisters ever again!" haha we love her, we just have a hard time keeping her on track with the Gospel, because she loves to talk to us so much. And during the lesson, she goes and gets these face cards and was like "girls, i think these are of the devil. it's probably why i'm sick"  we made it clear that we do not play cards on the mission haha, but i didn't have the heart to tell her that in "real life" i love card games...oh well!!  She also told us about how she loves this priest name "Father George" and how they have this secret love thing going on, and she wants Sis. Johnson and I to be the witnesses at her marriage celebration haha. So I asked her if they were really getting married, and she said "I don't know." haha.  So at the end of the lesson I said the closing prayer and during the prayer she starts talking and I thought she was telling me to bless her friend, but then she just says "Sorry, I just wanted to add something into your prayer. please forgive me DeMille."  haha Sis. Johnson almost lost it laughing, and I just kept going with the prayer.  Love it!!  We also met with our investigator Valentina, the one who is having a hard time quitting smoking.  She is so amazing though and has great faith! On the back of the brochures we give out, they have questions that you can answer and scriptures that you can read.  She is the first person I have met that actually read all the scriptures and answered the questions! We were so proud!  
We love Nickolaiv so much! There are some great members here and we have been trying to get to know them more and share spiritual thought's with them.  This woman Tatiana is like the greatest member I have ever met.  Her little house is so cute and she is just telling how she likes to live modestly so she can pay tithing and serve the Lord.  I love it!!  We are trying to love Kherson more, but the branch has some issues and we are all trying to make a team effort to help the branch out.  We met with this member Marina over in Kherson (the one we helped get to the temple) and she was telling us how she is having a hard time with her mom (her mom recently got baptized, now doesn't want to come to church) and she is so upset. We found out Marina just started working a lot, so we explained to her maybe her mom just misses her while she is at work.  Then marina looks at us with this sad face and is like "She doesn't even make me breakfast anymore. I have to make it myself." haha it sounded funny coming from a 40 year old woman, but we held our laughter in and gave her some comfort.  
Well, I love the work! Honestly it's easy to love the work when things are happening, and it gets a little more tough to love it when you are finding all day.  But I'm determined to be more positive and let the light shine to everyone.  I'm getting more bold about sharing my testimony and how i feel about the gospel, and it just feels good! The Lord is blessing us and I love it.  Thank you for all your prayers and support!! I love you all!!

Cectpa DeMille

No comments:

Post a Comment