Wednesday, February 6, 2013

dear family and friends

the last week of my mission was AMAZING!!!  there are always miracles everywhere and i feel so lucky to have served here.  words can't really describe how i'm feeling...confused, i think would be the best word.  i'm excited, sad, nervous, etc.  

basically we stayed busy all last week and i didn't have time to think about anything else. we finished off our time together so well, and i'm just happy with the work that we have done.  i have reflected a lot on my mission this past week. everyone that i have met, everyone that i have taught, all the members, companions, etc. and i realize how wonderful it has been. the Lord is involved in this work and He is so mindful of His missionaries.  i remember how hard it has been, but the joy is more. i feel so blessed. it is starting to hit me, and i am sad, but i am just so thankful

right now i'm in Nepper and tomorrow will be my last day in ukraine.  it's crazy! i can't believe 14 months ago from today i was on a bus to Zap.  i will have my final interview with president van bruggen tomorrow, and then we will have our final testimony meeting.  packing was horrible as always, but hopefully everything will go smoothly heading home!  

i shared my testimony with the branch in nickolaiv yesterday, and i will tell you what i told them. i know that God lives! i know Jesus Christ is our savior. i know that we can know "the truth of all thing" through the Holy Ghost. i love this work, it truly is the Lord's work! i will miss so much the people and preaching the gospel.  i can't wait to tell you about it all in person!! i love you all, i can't thank you enough for your support, love and prayers! this has been an experience that has changed me and forever will change me. i love you all!! SEE YOU WEDNESDAY!  or sometime soon after that if the weather doesn't cooperate :) haha jk!! see ya!!

cectpa demille!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sister DeMille, it's Chari Dickison, Charlotte's mom. Welcome home! I am so jealous!! Charlotte mentioned in her last letter that you were such a good friend to her and that it was so easy to get along with you. Thank you for taking care of our greenie missionary. I hope that you can keep in touch and always be friends. My parents will be in St. George on February 12th and would love to meet you. I would love to send you Charlotte's letters if you give me your email. If you want to call sometime, my phone number is 801-455-7280. Thanks again for being so dear and sweet to our daughter! Chari Dickison

    ReplyDelete