Monday, April 23, 2012

friends and family, this has been one crazy weekend thus far!

Transfers happened on thursday, so we headed to Nepper and got our new companions and such.  Sister Johnson and I headed with 2 other elders down to a city called Hersone.  It was a 6 hour bus ride (my favorite thing..not!), and then we had an hour taxi ride to Nickolaiv.  The elders in Nickoliav met us at our new apartment and we loaded all of our bags into our apartment.  The apartment is in an excellent location and it is big.  It was really dirty..i mean, we spent like 3 hours cleaning the next day and used almost a whole bottle of bleach and like 4 sponges. haha.  but, now it is clean and we are kind of getting more settled in.  We don't really have beds, just a little fouton couch thing with thin coushins..and we have to sleep together haha, but it's all good. soon we will get real beds we hope.  The last week in Zap was awesome, and I was sad to leave, but it felt good as well.  It was time.  Nickolaiv is really pretty! It looks more like the rest of europe with unique buildings and lots of colors.  We really like it so far! The branch was so awesome and welcoming, they are happy to have sisters again.  The branch is really nice too, it even has a real baptismal font.  There are a few cute couples and families, and there are a lot of youth our age! It is so fun! The branch even has 2 girls that can play the piano, that is crazy cool.  It has been an interesting weekend.  We are kind of out of money because we spent all of ours on taxis and we had to get a few things for the apartment, so we have been living off of cereal haha.  It is really cool, don't worry.  Sister Johnson is the perfect companion for this crazy adventure, we are already having way too much fun together.  I swear half the branch speaks fluent english, when am I ever going to learn Russian?? haha. 
On a more serious note though, I love this...most everything.  It's really hard and overwhelming, we have no idea what to do, but we are doing the best we can and pushing through.  I'm so grateful for a companion, I couldn't do this alone! I'm grateful for laughter and that humor makes things better.  I'm so grateful for change.  Change makes us stretch and grow and push ourselves to the point where we have nothing left to do but rely on Christ.  I can testify that Christ will carry us if we rely on Him.  He has faith in us because He is our brother and our savior.  I couldn't do this without the support of the spirit.  It is really interesting being in a place where the church is new and where people are just doing the best they can with the information they have and they sacrifice so much for the gospel.  It is inspiring, I am grateful for their example.  The scriptures help me so much, and I have learned more than I ever thought I could.  This whole experience is just enriching and crazy wonderful.  Hard, like really hard sometimes, but wonderful.  I am just grateful for all that we have been blessed with.  I love you all!! EVERYTHING is possible through the savior.  I love being a missionary and this will be crazy and hard and I am overwhelmed but it's so fun and so great.  I love you all!!!

cectpa demille

No comments:

Post a Comment